File/Picture Chooser Widgets available for Windows XP

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Tue Jan 17 14:08:49 EST 2006

Ken:

I have just run the widgets on my wife's machine: Win XP, SP2,
Portuguese. The programs ran perfectly. I also tried changing every
parameter in every INI file. They were all actioned correctly.

There is something going on here that I don't understand. Could it be
what I suggested about running the progs from the Documents and
Settings? I've not tried it here 'cos I'm a bit afraid to. I've never
tried running ordinary apps in this way. The point is that the widgets
can actually write their output files on the disk. I don't know (or even
really want to know) what Windows thinks about that.

Anyway, perhaps the situation will clarify when you tell me what happens
when you run the widgets from a "normal" directory.

Best,
Bob