PDF and PPT

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Sat Jan 14 20:35:25 EST 2006

> I know this must have been covered before, but how do I open
> a PDF file
> and/or a powerpoint file from within Rev?
> I want to do this on both Mac and Win platforms.

I'd definitely recommend altBrowser at:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altBrowserCover/default.htm

for PDF or HTML.   For Powerpoint files there is always
the MS Powerpoint runtime. But even better is Rev's own
built in card system and using the images from the PP
presentation (saved as a graphic, which PP does as facility
for posting on the web) and using those images with Rev's
cool card transformation tool set.  From the Rev doc's:

visual effect dissolve
visual effect iris close slowly
visual effect zoom close with sound "Cheers"
visual effect wipe up to black with sound "doom.wav"
visual effect "CIRippleTransition" with shadingImage id 1001 and width
25 and scale 25

Cheers,

Scott Kane