Portable Apps..?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jan 14 11:28:31 EST 2006

Bongu Jim,

>I cannot imagine businesses being very enthusiastic about the
>possibility of employees being able to copy data and leaving the
>office with that data (credit card info, health info, guided missile
>blueprints, Ken Ray's 'secret shuffleboard techniques guidebook',

Removable media [Bernouli cartridges] made sense to me as IS manager
of Omega Corp. in the mid 1980s, and it still makes sense to me in
any business where the ratio of computers to computer users is less
than one-to-one.

Removable media makes it possible for users to share a computer but
maintain total control of access to their individual documents, data
files, etc.  Yes today's computers support user sign-in and file
access protection; but physically separating the computer from your
personal files provides a higher level of security, me thinks.

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!