Portable Apps..?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jan 13 15:38:31 EST 2006

Rob-

> I can run my Photo Portfolio standalone [almost 100 MB] from a UBC
> Jump Drive or from a CD-ROM; but it takes well over a minute to load.

I'm not surprised about the CDROM speeds - they're about the same as a
floppy disk (...anybody remember floppy disks?). I can't find a good
reference for UBC other than the U of British Columbia, but if you
meant to say USB then you should consider switching to USB 2.0. The
speed difference is dramatic. USB 1.1 transfer speeds are limited to
12MBits/second, while USB 2.0 can reach 480MBits/second. That should
cut your minute down to a couple of seconds.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net