Bible Searching

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 17:45:48 EST 2006

On 1/12/06 2:24 PM, "SupermanSlyr at aol.com" <SupermanSlyr at aol.com> wrote:
> I  have thought
> about searching for numbers to tell Revolution it's the start  of a verse. The
> problem with that though is there's a lot of  verses that have numbers in
> them,
> so if I tell Revolution to search for  numbers there's a good chance it will
> end up in the middle of a verse some  where.

If you are merely trying to retrieve the verse for a display routine, then
you can add markers or tags as we call them in HTML, then do

put 3 into numToGet
put offset("<"&numToGet&">", textBlock) into position1
put offset("<"&numToGet+1&">", textBlock) into position2
put char position1 to position2-1 of textBlock into verse
replace "<" with "" in verse
replace ">" with "" in verse

and now verse will look presentable.

Should get you close.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

---------- from your original post --------------------

 <1>In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

<2>Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness
upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God¹s active force was moving to
and fro over the surface of the waters.

<3> And God proceeded to say: ³Let light come to be.² Then there came to  be
light.<4> After that God saw that the light was good, and God brought about
a  division between the light and the darkness. <5> And God began calling
the light  Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be
evening and there  came to be morning, a first day.<6>