import snapshot crash...

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 14:41:24 EST 2006

Hello folks,

I left the organisation that licensed Rev 2.x for me, so I went back to
developing on my copy 1.1.1.

It wasn't as tough as you might think.  I find myself to be a very
understanding boss ;-)

Anyway, I included in my 'new' 1.1.1 stack a button that will take a
snapshot of part of the current card. Works fine on stack and
standalone.

Then along comes the MacFormat CD with 2.2.1 on it.  Yippee!  So I
tried my 1.1.1 stack in 2.2.1 and the import snapshot script crashes
the IDE and an OS X standalone built containing it.  This is the script
almost in its entirety:

   get "Circres(charts("& "CChrt_" & the system date &"_"& the long time
& ".png"
   replace "/" with "-" in it
   replace ":" with "." in it
   replace "(" with "/" in it
   put it into tname
   put the backgroundcolor of this card into tbcolour
   set the backgroundcolor of this card to white
   get the windowid of this stack
   put the rect of grc "clipframe" into tbox
   import snapshot from rect tbox of window it
   select image 1 of this card
   export png to file tname
   delete the selectedobject
   set the backgroundcolor of this card to tbcolour
   send mouseup to button "show rest"
   show field "export done"
   wait 60 ticks
   hide field "export done"

Using the debugger, everything seems OK 'til it hits the import
snapshot from rect tbox of window it
line, and then foom!  I have checked the archives, and can see some old
(2001) posts, but no workarounds or fixes.

(using 2.2.1 on OS 10.3.9, 1 gig RAM)

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow

http://www.i-psych.co.uk