[ANN] New free plugin..

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Thu Jan 12 08:18:45 EST 2006

Thanks for this Chipp. Can I make a suggestion?

With anything that has to do with groups, I would find helpful to
have a kind of DOM inspector that will color the border of nested
groups with different colors depending of their levels in the
hierarchy. I have asked a bit around. Best way to do it is to have a
transparent stack over the real stack to hold the "colored
rectangles", so that real UI is unchanged by UI information.

... well, why expect you to do it for me rather than do it myself?
That's something I wanted to explore anyway.
There is now in revonline an early draft of such an utility, utility
category or user "Marielle". Called "Nested_groups_revealer". This
should be changed into a palette but I have no time for this today.

Note that it uses the "blend" mode of mac osx. I haven't explored
blending options on pc yet. Easiest is to edit the group "transparent
layer" and set the opaque to false. For this, type in the message
box: set the opaque of group "transparent layer" to false.

Marielle

> altGroupMgr
> at bottom of page: (needs altPluginToolbar)
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm
> or in msg box:
> go URL "http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/altGroupMgr.rev"
> and then be sure and palette it (click in the very left top corner
> and it will palette).

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: mlange at blueyonder.co.uk, M.Lange at ed.ac.uk