OT: Re: MacWorld 2006 day 1

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jan 12 01:58:16 EST 2006

Charles-

> (great -- but how was Josh Redman?)

Well, I went to the bus early in the day to check it out, since I had
conflicting reports as to whether Josh would be on at 3 or 3:30. The
folks staffing the table were happy to hand out freebies (Guitar
Player magazine and such) but didn't know anything about any
performances. I guess that was a last year thing. Anyway, I checked
back a bit after three and nothing was happening, so I didn't bother
checking back today to see if Bob Weir was playing. I'm assuming that
was a red herring as well. I've seen Josh play enough times (he's a
local), so I wasn't too miffed about it. I'm more excited about the
"Nels Cline plays the music of Andrew Hill" show coming up at the end
of the month at Yoshi's.

I forgot to mention that MacWorld was again split about half and half
between the iPod and computers. The best writeup I've seen covering
the show is Henry Norr's review over at macintouch.com.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net