MacWorld 2006 day 1

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jan 11 18:17:05 EST 2006

All-

MacWorld is bigger this year than last. Not quite up to the glory days
of old, but definitely bigger and better. And more people. I haven't
seen any attendance figures from IDG, but subjectively it felt like
wall-to-wall people again. Last year I easily finished with the show
floor in a couple of hours. This year I was hard-pressed to see
everything before heading up to the User Group area.

The new dual-core intel machines look very nice, although I'm
disappointed that there's no firewire 800 support. The builtin iSight
is a nice touch.

Revvers started gathering in the User Group lounge at four and hung
there for the next couple of hours swapping ideas before heading
across the street to the Metreon for dinner and more talk. In
attendance were David Brooks, Dick Kreisel, Kathy Jaqua, Dennis
Fortin, Bill Vlahos, and myself. Kathy did the sexy presentation with
a collection some stunning graphic buttons that I can't wait to start
using to spiff up my stacks, and I did the dry presentation on
decoupling objects.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net