Restricting display to 1024*768 on wider screens,- still unsolved !!!

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Sun Jan 8 19:32:22 EST 2006

As posted earlier ( Dec 18) We have developed a stack size 3072 x 2304, thus having 9 different full screens
 available on a card, when using a 1024 x 768 screen. This works fine on such a screen.

But how can we limit the appearance on larger screens, so precisely a given of the 9
windows, and only that, can be seen ?

We  received a fine idea for a solution from Eric Chatonet, namely to group all controls in each of the 9 windows and scroll between them.
However. grouping the already existing groups interferes hopelessly with the 3-4 essential layerings of controls.
So we have to hope for some bright and inventive minds on this list, who may come up with another strategy.

But please note: We cannot divide the oversize stack into 9 separate stacks, we have to stay with the 3072x 2304 size

Our present approach suceeds with the upper left window:

on tomainwindow
  global phenowindow
  if the platform is "MacOS" then
    set the rect of this window to "0,20,1024,768"

but for the remaing 8 windows
e.g.

on toworkplacewindow
  global phenowindow
  if the platform is "MacOS" then
    set the rect of this window to "-2047,-1520,1025,760"

it does not work:  parts of the card lying outside the specified rect  (parts of neighboring
windows) remain visible.

Is it f.ex. possible to create a camouflaging full largescreen- size stack, with a central  1024x768 hole/window  in the center
Or any other idea ?

Our stack, which is meant to be a freeware resource for an electronic diary. is available as "Beta-diary 16.1.6"  in revonline userspaces
http:// revonline.runrev.com/channels/home.rvc.gz   under the name  "Kresten".
  Its use and functionality demands downloading and installing a font-suite of (equally freeware)  12 pictogram-font, to be fetched
from www.psy.ku.dk/bjerg/diary.htm

Kresten

kresten.bjerg at psy.ku.dk          www.psy.ku.dk/bjerg