MACWORLD

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 5 15:01:10 EST 2006

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Is there going to be any Runrev presence at MACWORLD this year? I
> remember a while ago it was in the developer's area...

I haven't heard anything from them on this, but with any luck they'll be
skipping this one.

Don't get me wrong:  Macworld is a lot of fun for us attendees, but it's
very, very expensive for exhibitors, esp. those who need to book
international flights (on top of the per diem expenses, booth costs,
etc., not to mention the opportunity costs:  staff at a trade show
aren't in the office working on the product).

In terms of ROI, smaller developers can get more bang for the buck with
any number of other strategic marketing moves.  Even much bigger
companies like Adobe have sat out on a MacWorld or two -- including
Apple themselves.

My hope is that RunRev does the same for a while, focusing on enhancing
the product instead (specifically, the items on my wish list <g>).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal