revCreateXMLFromFile parsing entities?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Jan 2 17:06:12 EST 2006

I get an error saying that "Entity 'cent' is not defiled" if I have the
following in my XML file:

         <PostfixUnit>¢</PostfixUnit>

1) are entities defined on XML?  Should the library even be trying to parse
it?  I wanted it to just leave it alone and pass it to me so I can handle
it with htmlText of a field.
2) if they are defined, why isn't ¢?

If I remove the ';', I get an error from xmlParseEntityRef, so clearly the
library is trying to parse entities, but should it?

There is also a bug related to it's handling of entities (if it is supposed
to handle the entities)... if I use the numeric code for ¢ (i.e.,
¢), I get a cent sign, but it has a capital A with a circumflex over
it.  I BZed this a while back.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671