Missing Report Builder

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Thu Feb 23 20:39:01 EST 2006

In the Revolution Documentation concerning revPrintReport the
description refers to its function as printing a report,
you have set up in the Report Builder.And there is reference
to the tools menu having a submenu "Report Builder".
But although I have a Studio IDE, v 2.6.1 there is no trace
of the report builder in the menu.
However: down in the tools folder, I do find a revreportsetup.rev stack!
But it is hard to guess, how it can be used.
In the revPrintReport documentation it says: See also..."How do I create
a report layout card" .... " but it is a lame link !
I have searched this list, and find lots of references to report builder,
but it looks as if quartam reports by Jan Schenkel has suceeded in pushing
the evident professional commercial interests in selling a highly developed
tool, where 129 dollars is necessary.As I am developing a freeware standalone,
 and need very limited pre-organized reporting options:
4 week cards of a calendar on a page, a list-format for an adresses stack,
 simple tasks in hypercard 10 years ago, I wonder....
I had expected at least to find something like the printreport of hypercard,-converted to
revolution -The revreportsetup.rev stack may be the answer, but where do I find the
answer to the "How do I create a report layout-card?" question.