Installer design and backdrops

Greg McIlhiney mcilhiney at mail.comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 15:16:46 EST 2006

>>Is the backdrop used by so many professional installers really just
>>a useless holdover, or is there some benefit to having it that I'm
>>not seeing?

Would it not be like any other interface element, customized for the
audience it is intended for?

If you are installing drivers or libraries for a technical crowd, I
would think it should be as non-intrusive as possible.

On the other hand, if the product is being delivered to my sister,
she might feel more comfortable by an all-enveloping process which
eases her anxiety with anything technical. And, there might be
something useful that I can impart which will help her, lesson
support on my end, and yes, perhaps even market my wares.

Just a perspective :)

-- greg