[ANN] HOOT: Hacked Object Oriented Transcript

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Feb 27 23:11:23 EST 2006

Dick-

> As Scott points out, the problem with storing short ids is that they can be
> ambiguous.  A stored short id isn't sufficient to set or get a property of a
> control that appears on more than one card.

Object IDs are documented as being unique and immutable, with the
exception of images and stacks. For what I'm doing (working with
custom properties) the id by itself uniquely identifies a control
within a stack. If you're trying to get the text from a field in a
shared background group, then you'll need something more spedific. For
the purposes of putting parentclass handlers in a group, you shouldn't
need to specify a particular card - there shouldn't be any ambiguity
to resolve. I think.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net