XML Library and Windows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 14:54:50 EST 2006

--- Karen <Karen at curlypaws.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tracked down the fact that RunRev 2.7 isn't
> including the
> revxml.dll library in with my standalone, despite me
> asking it to in
> the Standalone Application Settings.  I can copy the
> file across and
> put it into the Externals directory, but it still
> doesn't get
> recognised when I run my application.  Is there a
> way to force
> Revolution to load it programmatically?
>
> It seems to work perfectly on the Mac... :-(
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen

Hi Karen,

The only thing that has worked for me so far was to
explicitly add revXML to the externals of the stack.

So here's a temporary workaround:

1) Use the message box to execute the line
##
  set the externals of this stack to
"externals/revxml.dll"
##

2) After building the standalone, copy the file
'revXML.dll' from your Revolution Enterprise directory
to the 'externals' directory in your standalone
directory.

If all goes well, the XML commands and functions
should now be available. It looks like we'll have to
take a trip to Bugzilla, as the Windows standalone
builder skips quite a few files.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution