[ANN] HOOT: Hacked Object Oriented Transcript

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Feb 27 13:09:59 EST 2006

Geoff-

Looks nice. I'll spend some time with this today.

Regarding the "long id" thing, Dick Kriesel and I were talking about
this last month and I have now switched my usage over to just "the
id", based on the fact that ids within a stack are unique and
immutable. You can pass ids without any problem and it's just a single
data point: you don't have to parse it for path items at all.

control pID of this stack

does the trick. The only exception I had to implement is for messages
coming from or to a stack, since the stack id changes with each new
object. But I don't think you have to worry about this with your
subclassing. And note that it *is* possible to change the id of
images, although I haven't found a need for this myself and I'm not
sure if subclassing an image makes sense.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net