Win XP / Rev 2.7

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:55:46 EST 2006

[Retry as I hit a key combination by accident]

--- Karen <Karen at curlypaws.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone seen problems with inclusion of script
> libraries in Rev
> 2.7?  I've been trying Quartam Reports and have
> included the XML
> libraries in the standalone.  On the Mac this work
> fine, on Windows
> Quartam can't find the XML libraries.  I've written
> to Jan on this,
> but I'm not sure if it is a Rev problem or a Quartam
> one.  Is there
> an easy way to tell what is in the Windows
> standalone and whether the
> XML library made it there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen

Hi Karen,

Please note that I'm testing this on Win2K, so things
might be a little different on WinXP.

After building the standalone, go to the directory
with the .exe file ; there should be a subdirectory
'Externals'. In that directory should be a file
'revxml.dll' which contain the external commands and
functions that make up the XML library.

If this file is present, you could add a button to
test which externals are available, by means of the
following script:
--
on mouseUp
  answer "ExternalPackages:" & return & \

(The stack 'revExternalLibrary' is added by the
standalone builder to hold references to the external
packages and make sure they're loaded at startup)

If the above answer dialog doesn't contain 'revXML' in
its display text, then it is missing and may point to
a bug in the Rev standalone builder.

Let me know if this file is present and you still
can't get it to work.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution