Transcript and Dot Notation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sun Feb 26 01:36:27 EST 2006

Dan,

Wait a minute...

*MY* personal insult???  Weren't you the one who dealt my argument the
death blow of being mere "paranoia"?  After having personally resurrected
it from irrelevantdom?

Does it get more personal than that?  I am paranoid therefore my arguments
need not be considered?

And I was just about to issue a postscript to remind people that I wasn't
attacking you, only your argument that people who oppose dot.syntax are
paranoid...

Forget Jeesh.  Holy cow!

It was not a personal attack.  I posited that I thought dot.syntax was an
unwise addition to the language.  You responded by saying that my argument
constituted paranoia.  Now, that's personal.  You didn't say that my
argument was wrong... no, you said I was paranoid.  That's personal.

Did I say you were a jerk?  No, but you said I was paranoid.

Can no-one disagree with your positions without resulting rancor?

Judy