Transcript and Dot Notation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sat Feb 25 16:31:55 EST 2006

Amen, Rob.

If it is OO *capabilities* that are desired, then fine: just provide them
in a natural-language manner (e.g., keep it transparent).

But the language paradigm simply cannot be allowed to be converted from a
focused, internally-consistent one into the mishm-mash of "whatever" (VB
syntax?  sure,  use it in this context; want dot.sytax for OO?  sure!  use
it here.. don't like the words stack, card etc.? heck, call them plates
and saucers and, well, whatever).

It simply will cease to be a coherent language at that point.  And,
whatever it will be, an x-Talk it will not.

Judy