I Can't download 2.7 for OS X

Ryno swartart at iafrica.com
Sat Feb 25 06:39:08 EST 2006

I am having the same problem. In my case, I tried downloading the
installer for Dreamcard (several times) from this page:
http://downloads.runrev.com/dreamcard/ ... The installer downloads OK,
but then, on expanding, the following message appears:

> An error has occurred while expanding the file
> "install_download.app.sit" (The archive may contain damaged content).
> Error #17538

This is particularly worrying as I only bought Dreamcard one month ago,
and the last thing I want is to be obsolete so quickly, particularly if
Dreamcard is going to be dropped.

Incidentally, I received the following email offer from Runrev:

> Hurry - this special offer ends on Monday 27th February! Get your copy
> of the new Revolution 2.7, or upgrade your existing copy - and we'll
> give you the wonderful Constellation free - a saving of $50. Just make
> any purchase over $199 to qualify.

This message came up in "Mail" without images, so I cannot figure out
what is meant by this offer. If it applies to me, and I hope it does
one month after purchase(!), I cannot act on it because the download
does not work. To make things worse, of course, the offer expires in
two days...

Ryno.