OT: Internet Rich Applications Patent Granted

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat Feb 25 05:01:03 EST 2006

You wrote:

> Recently, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>
> > > Or will the USPTO let me patent air?
>
> > Where do I send my check for my license to use your patented air?  :-)
> > Oh, one question though, does that air already contain bugs? and are you
> > taking any steps to remove those bugs from the air?  You know I expect
> > my licensed air to be completely bug free.
>
> Keep in mind, that air probably contains viruses as well.

Yep and there are some really sill ones in teh biomed industry.

Company A develops a drug for heroin addiction. Turns out is is too toxic at
50mg dose required for the anti opiate effect. Allong comes a Doc in private
practice and patents the use of the drug for another "dose". It has been
done and the drug may be usefull for MS. I'm personally sceptical on the
effectiveness of treatment for MS, however, patenting a dose? The dose is a
lower dose, so to get round the royalties one would have to prescribe a dose
too high for the patient; consequence, ill patients. DOH!!!!!!

Her is my new patent.

The use of liquid within the pH range pH4.1 to pH 8.9 (adding a confusing
technicallity) to assist the ability to swallow substances that incorporate
complex carbohydrate and protein at a temperature above 37.6 celcius.

OR in laymans terms. That glass of water or coke you just drank with your
burger.

Declaration of interest. In case anyone has seen Dr. Bob in the past in my
sig, I'm not a  medic but a Cell Biologist.
Cheers
Bob