Window with no title bar in Linux?

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Fri Feb 24 21:46:17 EST 2006

I have just started work on a slideshow for Linux that I would like to
function in a way similar to my very popular (VB) slideshow for Windows,
if possible, showing the pictures in full screen.

It didn't take me long to get into trouble. In Windows, setting the
decorations to empty causes the title bar not to be shown at all, but in
(Ubuntu) Linux it still appears (no mention of this in the Help).

I have the feeling that there might not be a workaround for this, but
you never know. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Regards,
Bob

P.S. If I try setting the top of the window to a negative number (with
the idea of positioning the title bar offscreen), it moves a little to
the right instead!