Windows beep

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 24 16:11:25 EST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Bill Marriott wrote:

> This has no effect on the beep command.

True.  The code uses the play command to play the sound file that
other Windows apps use (or at least that is what my client told me).

> You're changing the registry to select a different WAV file than
> the default
> for "SystemExclamation." You can set this value to anything you
> want and it
> still won't play.

The code doesn't actually change the registry.  It queries it to get
the filepath to use with the play command.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com