Win XP and Rev 2.7

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 22 17:47:22 EST 2006

General response:

I've been running the public release of 2.7 on WinXP for about a week
and it has not crashed once. It has not even burped. I have been
doing all new stacks so maybe that has something to so with it, or not.

As far as the rest of what you commented on, I don't see how
reporting a bug to the right place and letting others here know about
it is even closely related to some of the bashing that seems to go on
here, those are two different beasts. I mean even in your email you
mention that you will be 'accused of spreading negative propaganda'
and that bugs don't get fixed anyway. I mean I have had half a dozen
bugs get fixed and they were fixed within 3 or 4 months from the time
I voted/reported them, so saying they don't get fixed is not at all
true in my opinion. Your mileage may have varied there.

No offense meant to you Bob, you haven't been one to complain from
what I have seen on this list. You have worked out some issues in Rev
for your widgets and I don't remember you being rude or bashing even
once. I have learned a lot about (Ubuntu) Linux from reading your posts.

I think just because a lot of people complain here instead of
reporting the bugs in the bug database, that it gets perceived that
nothing works, meanwhile they never even reported them in the first
place. But after the beta tests and with the 2.7 release I don't have
the problems that others seem to have with it.

Kevin was referring in his email to feedback from the beta testers
before release and not the use list general perception after release
when he said "If there was a far-ranging problem we would have had a
lot of feedback in support to that effect". Then he goes right on to
ask people to send the problems right to support and if the problem
is user related that he felt that was important to track down too. I
call that Great Technical Support.

I for one do have faith in the folks at Rev and that they are very
concerned about these things. I have been watching them for two years
now and they have always responded fairly well. Especially in
comparison to some of the other companies I have dealt with.

Bob, Good Luck with the Widgets,

Tom