URL link -- newbie time

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:07:15 EST 2006

oops - mistake in that 2nd script, here is the revision:

on selectionChanged
  put the selectedchunk into tChunk
  if tChunk = empty or word 4 of tChunk >= word 2 of tChunk then exit
selectionChanged
  put the linktext of the selection into tLink
  if tLink <> empty then revGoUrl tLink
end selectionChanged

On 2/21/06, Jonathan Lynch <jonathandlynch at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) you need to set the linktext of the text you want to be a link:
>
> set the linktext of word 2 of field "myField" to www.google.com
>

> 2) You need to receive and process the message that is generated when you
> click the link.
>
> on linkClicked pLink
>   revGoUrl pLink
> end linkClicked
>

> If you want to click a link in an unlocked field, you need to use the
> selectionchanged handler, rather than the linkClicked handler. It is a
> little more complicated to use:
>
> on selectionChanged
>   put the selectedchunk into tChunk
>   if tChunk = empty or word 4 of tChunk >= word 2 of tChunk then exit
> selectionChanged
>   put the linktext of the selection into tLink

   revGoUrl tLink