File sharing, locking, etc... between multiple users...

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:34:51 EST 2006

My situation is similar to what you describe.

Generally, one person is responsible for a task, and others will just need
to read-in, to see where things stand with that task.

But, as my wife is proving to me with her rather creative use of Task Mage,
users will surprise you with the odd things they do with your software. So,
after I make Remote Task Mage, which allows users to share and work on tasks
in a remote folder that is either on a network drive or on an FTP site, I
will try to create a centrally controlled version that does use a
database/record locking approach.

I guess options and flexibility are what is wanted.