Is duration (not delay) of the toolTip adjustable

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Feb 20 14:46:08 EST 2006

Le Monday, 20 Feb 2006, à 17:09 Europe/Paris, Thomas McGrath III a
écrit :

> André,
>
> Would you care to share your script? Thanks.
>
> Tom

It's my pleasure, Tom
-----------------------
---In the script of the field :
Remind you : the field contains titles of texts (not wrapped lines) ;
some lines are too long to be entirely visible. To avoid the use of the
horizontal scrollBar (I maintained it anyway) the user can maintain the
mouseDown on a line, must have enough time to read the all line in the
toolTip or, at any time during the toolTip display, s(he) must be able
to stop displaying the toolTip.
on mouseDown
   set the toolTipDelay to 150
   seeToolTip
   wait 5 seconds with messages
   set the toolTipDelay to 1
   seeToolTip
end mouseDown

on seeToolTip
   put word 2 of the mouseLine into tLine
set the tooltip of me to empty
set the toolTip of me to line tLine of me
end seeToolTip

on mouseUp
   set the toolTip of me to empty
   set the toolTipDelay to 500
   exit to top
end mouseUp
Any idea to improve it welcomed :-)
Thanks again for your help (I learned much with your stacks).

Best regards from Grenoble
André