Wow! It's starting to click now!

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Feb 19 21:02:08 EST 2006

At 7:04 PM -0800 2/18/2006, Scott Rossi wrote:
>Why is it not possible to substitute 1 and 0 for true and false?  Is this
>possible and I've just never seen it?  Has no one ever needed this option?

It goes back to the way xTalks handle values. True and false are
strings, not numbers (the constant true has value "true", and
likewise for false). This is how boolean values are reported
throughout the language, as the strings "true" or "false".

I suppose xTalks could special-case equalities by making the string
"true" equal the string "1", and "false" equal "0", but it would be
kind of opaque to scripters, I think. (Handy, but hard to understand.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com