Two sounds at the same time!?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Feb 19 16:58:07 EST 2006

Recently, Klaus Major wrote:

> there was once a commercial external for MetaCard named
> "EXT.dll" (sic!) which had been
> created and sold by a small scottish company named "Cross Worlds
> Computing" about 5 or 6
> years ago.
>
> I bought one because it had some very nifty features for windows, for
> example (besides other
> nice things) un-/loading of a font on the fly and support for up to 4
> soundchannels, so we
> could play up to 4 (FOUR, maybe more, i don't remember...) sounds at
> the same time without
> the use of QuickTime.

I remember this and could never get it work.  Tuviah Snyder (who I believe
authored most if not all of the external) told me at the time that the
feature was created based on some experimentation on various computers but
was never developed/tested as a real-world solution for all situations.

(At that time I was using SndChannel that provided similar functionality for
pre-OSX systems.)

But times have changed, computers have moved forward, and Rev's audio
capabilities desperately need to move forward as well. So whether its the
Rev guys themselves or a third party company, *any* development effort that
brings more advanced audio features to Rev would be very welcome.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design