Two sounds at the same time!?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Sun Feb 19 14:09:39 EST 2006

Judy wrote;

> Maybe if enough people want it, Rev will find a way to implement it.
>
> Gotta let them know...

Count me in for the wanters and here is the reason why: If you use
multiple player objects this will work o.k. for audiofiles that are
longer than just a few seconds. If you try to play more than 4 or 5
(very) short audioclips (think sound effects) at the same time it is
not quite practical. This is nothing Rev is to blame for. It is simply
that these files need to be played back from the HD, which might start
spinning like mad trying  to locate all the short clips at once,
especially on older machines. I used to do HD recording with Pro Toos,
so I know the sound and I know the reason why it is happening, as I
coded the stack. But if it is a normal user who hears hectic activity
from the HD and maybe audio starting to stutter while the app doesn´t
do anything more but playing a few sound effects, I would think "What
the hell is wrong with that Program? Do they scan/erase my HD?".
Knowing that multichannel audio might not have highest priority I pray
for someone writing an external  that works cross plattform.

I would be willing to pay a few $$ for it and I guess some others would
too, wouldn´t they? If so let the list know, someone might pick up the
challenge...

All the best,

Malte

--
ArcadeEngine - prepare to WOW your audience within minutes
http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/arcadeengine