2.7 Consensus

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 12:22:28 EST 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Scott-
>
> Saturday, February 18, 2006, 9:05:32 PM, you wrote:
>
> As one of the folks who has gone back to 2.6.1, I'd say there's no
> problem with using 2.7. The things that bother me about the new
> release revolve around the inability to use the documentation in any
> reasonable fashion, the fact that IDE preferences don't get saved
> properly, and the disconnect between the stack file formats. If these
> don't get in your way then I don't see any reason not to move ahead.
> The 2.7 release seems stable, produces solid code, has a lot of nifty
> new features, and I really really really like the way the structure of
> the IDE is heading with the separation of components to allow for
> smooth upgrading.

Just for a slightly dissenting opinion, I LIKE the new documentation
and consider it a VAST improvement, both in terms of searching the
dictionary for explicit terms (what I mostly need it for so I can see
the syntax) and for the User Manual.

I agree with your comments about the general stability of the IDE as
well as the comments on saving the IDE perferences and the file
formats.  These latter two are serious enough problems however that I
hope there is a 2.7.1 just to fix these two bugs sometime in the next
week.

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at mac.com

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"