Main menu puzzle, Klaus

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 18 11:24:23 EST 2006

Ken,

Welcome to the Revolution!

It is obvious that you could use a 'basic beginners' tutorial and
might I suggest that you go to the revolution website and go through
the Scripting Conferences for a basic introduction to the necessary
elements of Revolution and how to understand it and use it. Just
click here http://downloads.runrev.com/section/scriptingconferences.php
and go through them one at a time to learn the answers to your
questions. After that go through the Video Tutorials located here
http://support.runrev.com/tutorials/ .

Don't worry, this is not an experts list but is in fact a beginners
list AND a place for us all to discuss problems we have when trying
to script in Rev. So any questions you have should be answered very
quickly. You may get more than one answer and 'Hey we are only human'
and some answers may have mistakes in them as well. I post at least
two or three mistakes a month. ;-)

Be patient and try not to be too complaining but rather just keep
asking until you do understand what is being shown to you. If you
have to vent your frustrations, then do so, we all have at some
point. But then get back to the problem and look again at the
solutions offered, eventually you will get it and then you will be
here helping other new users soon enough.

Read the user guide, search the dictionary, search this list, go to
RevOnline Users area and download sample stacks to see how others
tackle problems, go through the excellent Video tutorials and the
Scripting Conferences, go get Dan's book "software at the speed
of..." etc. Check out user's websites with sample stacks, you can
find a few here http://support.runrev.com/resources/
useful_sites.php . There is a plethora of information available and
it would help you greatly to just jump in and start exploring.

Hope this helps,

Tom