Main menu puzzle, Klaus

Ken Apthorpe ken.apthorpe at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 18 10:04:52 EST 2006

Hi Klaus, and all others

This is getting out of control., I'm overwhelmed by the replies and can't
keep up, so some may be delayed.  And in Australia and it's past midnight.

Also  the forum seems to be unable to update in real time, I'm getting a
blizzard of emails saying my replies haven't been sent because the mailbox
is full, so there's a delay.

To answer Klaus.  I know Rev is event driven. Problem is it seems no one can
explain the driving.  I get advice: do this (trust me, it will work).  Do
that: (trust me, this will work (better)).

I do trust you, and that the suggested solutions will work. What I don't get
is a clear explanation of how and why they will work (in plain english,
that, sadly, is all I understand).  If I am to use Rev, I need to know what
I'm doing, and how/why it will work. Otherwise there is no point in even
trying.

To summarise, most suggestions about my menu problem tell me to change the
script.  As I based my various versions of the script on what Rev said (as
best I could understand), but if you all tell me this was wrong, and I need
to change it, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in Rev or the Docs. It
suggests to me that the instructions in the Rev Docs are not correct, or are
so incomplete as to be misleading to new users.

This is not a good look.  It turns me off, and I'm persistent. Some will
think to the point of stupidity.  Fair call, you may be right.  I could
prove it by saying, well, hey, Donald Trump says never give up.  I'm not
that stupid.   I've given up before, and I might again.  The last time I
gave up with software was with Rev, in 2003.  For the much the same reasons.
There are lots of Rev experts, but few good teachers.

I'll answer other posts tomorrow.  Night.

Regards
ken