drag 'n' drop reordering

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat Feb 18 05:39:30 EST 2006

Hi Josh,
Drawn from an HyperCard stack I developed a long time ago (but that I
am still using).
You could try this :
---------------------------------
on mouseWithin
   moveOption
   pass mouseWithin
end mouseWithin

on MoveOption
   if  "card button" is not in the target then exit MoveOption -- In HC
I had card and bg btns
   if the shiftKey is down and the optionKey is down then -- I don't
remember why I used two keys :-)
       repeat until the shiftKey is up or the optionKey is up --
      set loc of the target to the mouseLoc --
       end repeat
    end if
end moveOption
--------------------------------
No sure it corresponds to your problem, but could be an idea ?

Best regards from Grenoble
André

Le Saturday, 18 Feb 2006, à 02:54 Europe/Paris, Josh Mellicker a écrit :

> I have a set of buttons that I'd like the user to be able to reorder
> by dragging and dropping
>

> a la
>
> http://demo.script.aculo.us/ajax/sortable_elements
>
> http://tool-man.org/examples/sorting.html
>

> I can think of several ways to approach this... but I think my noob
> brain is overcomplicating things.
>

> Does anyone have a more elegant way to achieve this?
>

> (I also need to know the final order once the user is done sorting)

André Bisseret
Directeur de recherche émérite
Adresse : 140 rue E. Béthoux - 38220 Vizille
Tél. : 04 76 68 15 24
Courriel : Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
            et : bisseret at andre-bisseret.com
site Multifiches