[HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 17 14:13:29 EST 2006

Martin Baxter wrote:
 > J. Landman Gay wrote:
 >
 >> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents folder
 >> called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the Enterprise
 >

 > I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder beginning with
 > the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought. I already have a
 > serious problem with "My Computer", "My Documents" etc. To me this is
 > like "My first coloring book :-)", eeeuuuw. Surprise! I am not a 5 year
 > old. Are folders whose names do not begin with the word "my" in some way
 > not really mine. Or is this actually a dynamic scoping mechanism like in
 > Perl?

Frankly, I have exactly the same reaction. I abhor "My" anything. I
think it is a symptom of My Mac background. My my.

However, on an up note, this is scheduled to be changed in a later
release, so that the name of that folder can be assigned by the user.
We're still early in the game with 2.7, so for now it is a hard-coded
path but that will change.

I could not bring myself to make a folder called "My Enterprise" either,
so what I did was copy the words from an email and paste it into a new
folder title. Try that. It eases the pain.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com