Advice? Purchasing Quandary...

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Feb 17 13:45:35 EST 2006

Here's the issue:

The semester started a week or so ago.

Unfortunately, this coincides with the new Rev release in which (a) DC is
no more but there is Media (which won't be out for a few more weeks) and
(b) the file format in 2.7 has changed, meaning that even if my students
purchase DC, anything they've worked on using the 30 day trial (while
waiting for purchasing to go through) will be unusable by the time they
get their DC license.

If they purchase Media, I don't really know when they'll get it, but at
least it will be in the 2.7 file format.  OTOH, as I had already quoted
them the DC price, I'll have to eat the $70 difference (between a DC
10-pack and 10 individual Media licences).

Yikes!!!!

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Judy