send "mouseUp" & real click

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Feb 17 06:36:31 EST 2006

I have an OS X app which uses an external, it collects data and all runs fine.

If that computer is set to 'sleep', upon wakeup the external is not
collecting that data.

If I then physically use the mouse to click a btn to stop & restart
that external it works fine (external collects data properly)

If I use a  send "mouseUp" to that btn it does not work the same as
when I physically click with the mouse
(the external does not collect data)

I have tried all sorts of 'send in X seconds' and still no happiness.

Is it possible that sending a 'mouseUp' to a btn is different than an
actual mouse click?

Any suggestions?

ciao,
sims