MenuBar Handling

Robert Presender rpresender at cox.net
Thu Feb 16 18:34:36 EST 2006

On Feb 15, 2006, at 1:35 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Message: 13
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:40:13 +0000
> From: Karen <Karen at curlypaws.com>
> Subject: Menubar Handling
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Menubar for OS X with Revolution and I had
> seen mention of the idea of using a separate stack with a menubar (to
> avoid the stack contents moving around every time I load it).  I have
> set this up, and on the preOpenStack script of the other cards, I do:
>
> set the menubar of me to "MyMenubar".
>
> This seems to work very nicely - the other cards have the correct
> menubar, but what I can't puzzle out is how to process the menu
> actions in these cards.  If I do nothing, they are processed back in
> the Menubar stack - which doesn't have the controls that I want to
> refer to.  How can I process the menu actions correctly?

Not sure I understand what your problem is.
Do you have menuPick handlers for each button in "MyMenuBar"?
Is "MyMenuBar" grouped?
Are "the other cards" in several different stacks?
Do all "the other cards' " use the exact btns of "MyMenuBar"
Is "MyMenuBar"  in the same stack as "the other cards"?

I am doing somewhat of what you are doing.  It appears that menuPick
handlers are not set or set improperly. Also, if the other cards (in
different stacks have a need for menu btns different from the btns in
"MyMenuBar", the answer is more involved.  I am doing the more involved
situation.

If your problem hasn't been solved, you can contact me off list.

Regards ... Bob
rpresender at cox.net