Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 16 18:01:33 EST 2006

Jon Seymour wrote:
> Hi, For the life of me I can't figure out how to transfer an image
> library from 2.6.1 to 2.7. Before there was a "/save/usericons"
> directory into which one could transfer the rev stack containing the
> images. But I am lost on where to put this now, or what to do. Sorry  if
> I missed this somewhere.

There are lots of things that now get stored separately from the
application folder, so that they will survive updates. As of version 2.7
you only have to install things like plugins and libraries once, and
every new update will use them.

If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents folder
called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the Enterprise
version, your folder would be called "My Revolution Enterprise". Inside
that folder is where all the extras go, in these subfolders:

   Plug ins now load from "Plugins" folder
   Database drivers now load from "Database Drivers" folder
   Externals now load from "Externals" folder
   External & database drivers loaded here are picked up by Standalone
Builder
   Object Libraries are stored in Resources/Object Libraries
   Image Libraries are stored in Resources/Image Libraries

For your image libraries, make a subfolder inside the "My Revolution
<whatever>" folder called "Resources". Inside that, a folder called
"Image Libraries". Inside that, your libraries.

Note that so far these folders aren't created by default, you have to
make them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com