Installer design and backdrops

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Feb 16 15:21:04 EST 2006

Hi Richard,

many many installers use it. The benefit is usually in showing scenes or
marketing goobledigoock. And it's entertaining if it's a long install - did
you know our program can do this or that? kind of messages...

Other than that, it's useless, blocks other programs you might want to use
while the installer works...

If there's pauses in the installer (like shall we add optional 3rd party
stuff to bloat your installation folder) or setting up features or options
of the program before-hand.

cheers
Xavier