File sharing, locking, etc... between multiple users...

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:53:21 EST 2006

The company my wife works for is starting to use Task Mage, because they got
fed up with MS Project

This is great, because it gives me a customer driven process for further
development of Task Mage.

One of the things they need is to be able to have shared use of tasks, which
are stored at a remote location and accessed via FTP. This is all very
doable, and I have made good progress in setting this up.

But wow, sharing and locking files gets very complicated. The basic model is
simple, but the details, and cascading changes involved are just a huge pain
in the bahonkus.

That's it, that's all I wanted to say... Just venting as parts of my brain
ooze out of my ears.

Jonathan