file association problem

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Thu Feb 16 01:52:33 EST 2006

Hi

I entered a couple bugzillas for this - one is dated may 2005 - bugzilla
2856 for the file association (which surely works great on macs)
... and 3324 for the opening of rev+stack.

NO, there's no solution that i found...

---------------------=---------------------
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 15.02.2006 14:15:29:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm using Windows XP and I have problem with the extension .rev. I
> had  an evaluation version 2.5.1 of Revolution studio and then I
> bought a  2.7 DreamCard license. I uninstalled 2.5.1 and installed
> 2.7 but  Windows associated .rev with WinRar. I found an old post by
> Ken Ray  with the following suggestion
>
>   "
> 1) Change the 'HKCR\.rev' default value to "Revolution" instead of
> "WinRAR.REV".
>
> 2) Create a subkey under HKCR for 'Revolution', then a subkey under
> 'Revolution' for 'shell', then a subkey under 'shell' for 'open', then
> finally a subkey under 'open' called 'command', and then set the value
of
> the 'HKCR\Revolution\shell\open\command' key to the path to Revolution,
like
> this:
>
>    "C:\Program Files\Revolution 2.6.1\revolution.exe" "%1"
>
> Then close the Registry. At this point, the .rev files will still show
the
> RAR icons, but 2x-clicking on them will launch Rev. If you log out and
log
> back in again (or reboot your PC), the icons will now display as Rev
icons."

> I followed this exactly and only changed the path above to
> "C:\program files\Revolution Dreamcard\2.7.0-gm-1\Revolution.exe" "%1"
>
> When I double click on a stack for instance Simple Calculator.rev
> which is one of the sample files that comes with DreamCard
> then Revoution starts up but it doesn't open the stack "Simple
> Calculator.rev". Instead I have to go to file menu and choose
> an Open Stack ... to get it to work.
>
> Has anybody encountered this problem and what is the remedy?

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER