Substack problem .... !

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 13:57:47 EST 2006

On 2/15/06 5:24 AM, "Francis Nugent Dixon" <effendi at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> So, without knowing what I was doing, I played around (dangerous !) with
> my stack which contained 3 substacks, and by some miracle (don't ask me
> how !), I isolated one of the substacks. It is now sitting as an
> independant file
> in my folder. Only problem was that my Mainstack now only has two of the
> substacks, the Help substack having now been "removed".

Not sure of the details of your divorce, but marrying the independent stack
(which is now a main stack) is a matter of:

First, make a copy of the independent stack. (I will call it "U2")
Open stack "U2"
Open the Main Stack you wish to marry (call it "Maine")
Selecting  stack "U2"
..going to the Stack Inspector and using the drop down to select "Maine"

This sets the Main Stack property of "U2" to "Maine".  You're done.

However, "U2" should still function as a main stack unless there are
handlers in "Maine" that are required.

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas