file association problem

Bob Ueland bobueland at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 08:15:29 EST 2006

Hi,

  I'm using Windows XP and I have problem with the extension .rev. I had  an evaluation version 2.5.1 of Revolution studio and then I bought a  2.7 DreamCard license. I uninstalled 2.5.1 and installed 2.7 but  Windows associated .rev with WinRar. I found an old post by Ken Ray  with the following suggestion

  "
1) Change the 'HKCR\.rev' default value to "Revolution" instead of
"WinRAR.REV".

2) Create a subkey under HKCR for 'Revolution', then a subkey under
'Revolution' for 'shell', then a subkey under 'shell' for 'open', then
finally a subkey under 'open' called 'command', and then set the value of
the 'HKCR\Revolution\shell\open\command' key to the path to Revolution, like
this:

   "C:\Program Files\Revolution 2.6.1\revolution.exe" "%1"

Then close the Registry. At this point, the .rev files will still show the
RAR icons, but 2x-clicking on them will launch Rev. If you log out and log
back in again (or reboot your PC), the icons will now display as Rev icons."

I followed this exactly and only changed the path above to
"C:\program files\Revolution Dreamcard\2.7.0-gm-1\Revolution.exe" "%1"

When I double click on a stack for instance Simple Calculator.rev which is one of the sample files that comes with DreamCard
then Revoution starts up but it doesn't open the stack "Simple Calculator.rev". Instead I have to go to file menu and choose
an Open Stack ... to get it to work.

Has anybody encountered this problem and what is the remedy?