New Features Where's the Scoop?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Feb 15 00:08:01 EST 2006

Can anyone help me (us) find  info on the new features?

in particular:

Syntax and Sample code for the following?

* Window level transitions. Now you can perform transitions with alpha
channels on an entire window, allowing effects such as rippling
applications
on the desktop.

* New image rendering options. Render an image from any object on-
screen,
preserving the alpha channel, then transform and save.

* Multi-monitor Support. Revolution solutions can now be built to
support
multiple monitors, including different backdrops on each monitor.

I'm particularly interested in the latter feature but a search
through the dictionary under "monitor" or "screen" doesn't reveal the
new "powers"  the doc still say:

screenloc()

If the system has more than one monitor, the screenLoc function
returns the rectangle of the main screen.

We are interested in implementing a Keynote or Powerpoint kind of
option to have the presentor's notes on one screen the screen that is
mirror out to the projector port for the audience.. on the main
monitor...or vice versa...

Typically one has a powerbook and the "public" screen is monitor 2
which is plugged into the projector and the "private"
screen is the LCD of the box itself.

Sivakatirswami