Revolution RUMOURS!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 13 21:36:37 EST 2006

kee nethery wrote:

> To use the house analogy, the homeowner gave me instructions on how  to
> get into his house and get stuff I was supposed to be able to get.  I
> followed the homeowner's instructions and saw things that perhaps  the
> homeowner might not want me to see, but since I was following the
> homeowner's instructions, I figured the news was public knowledge.  All
> this fuss could have been avoided if the homeowner had locked the  door
> that I had been told to use.
>
> I do not see Richmond as a villain in this situation.

Okay, I see your point and I have been corrected in email too. When I
posted I didn't realize how easy it was to gain access to the site. I
apologize to Richmond for calling him unethical. Maybe he was just
thoughtless.

But just to extend the analogy, suppose I arrived at the home and found
the door lock broken with a sign over it "Please knock". Suppose I went
in anyway and accidentally saw the homeowner engaged in a private
activity. I hope I would back out quietly, and resist the impulse to
grab my videocamera.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com