IDE Bug - Sudden Loss of Keyboard Copy

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 17:44:04 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:01:24 -0800,  kee nethery <kee at kagi.com> wrote:

> When using Revolution 2.6 on Mac OS X I am experiencing the exact
> same thing. Figured it might be something wonky about my installation
> so I downloaded a new copy, nuked the old copy and the new copy has
> the same problem.
>
> A wipe and re-install has not solved it for me.
>
> Kee Nethery
>
> On Feb 13, 2006, at 6:36 AM, bryan at deepfoo.com wrote:
>

>> Using Revolution 2.6.1 on Win XP. All has been well and now
>> inexplicably when trying to copy text
>> from a field it simply fails to copy to the clipboard when using
>> "control c". The copy function
>> still works fine from the menubar and paste also works in both
>> keyboard and menu mode.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea why this might happen? Any fixes other than a
>> wipe and re-install?

I get this a lot, and have done on earlier versions of Rev (I'm on
2.6.1 also), but it normally goes away when I restart Rev. I came to
the conclusion that I have to run a script of my own under the IDE
before the problem appears, but I've never been able to find a
repeatable formula so I haven't tried to Bugzilla it. Recently it
seems to be less prevalent, tho I haven't deliberately changed
anything in the environment.

Are you sure that the problem occurs before you run any script of
your own - I mean if you just download the .rev file you're working
on and try to use Cmd-C in editing a script without ever switching to
the browse tool at all?

It would be nice to pin this down...

Graham