How to tell if a modal dialog is open?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Feb 13 16:08:34 EST 2006

Hi, Jacque.

I was really after a method to tell if any (unknown) modal stack is
open.  topStack gives the top-most editable stack.  I was wondering if
there was a way to tell if a modal dialog was being displayed.

I figured out a way to do what I was trying to do (suspend and resume
messages when a dialog comes up), so the question is more of an academic
one right now.

At 02:59 PM 2/13/2006, you wrote:
>Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>>Is there any way to tell if a modal dialog is open?  I mean, apart from
>>setting a flag before you do a modal stack "modal dialog" or looking for
>>"modal dialog" in the open stacks?
>>the topStack won't return a modal dialog.
>>I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple.
>
>You can check the mode property of a stack to see. The mode of a "modal"
>stack is 5.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588