IDE Bug - Sudden Loss of Keyboard Copy

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Mon Feb 13 10:57:28 EST 2006

I use DREAMCARD (which I would be tempted to pay for a
newer version were it not going down the plug-hole) on Mac
OS X and find the key-commands just don't work about 90% of
the time. This is a bl**dy nuisance if, like me, you eat
anti-inflamatories for breakfast, lunch and tea to cope
with wrist injuries bought about by wiggling the mouse too
much (No, before you ask, that is not an OT remark
referring to something else).

However (and this is VERY ODD INDEED) when I set up my
Belkin Nostromo and progged single buttons to send cmd-c
and cmd-v signals (and all the rest) they worked 100% of
the time.

I would like to think that that was the 'wonder' of the
Nostromo - but it is not - it must be due to DC/RR not
picking up signals when 2 keys are pressed down at once.

SO - unless the Runtime Revolution company are planning to
issue fancy keypads to all future purchasers of their
products - something needs to be done.

I asked in an earlier posting whether it might be possible
to use the F-keys at the top of most keyboards to call
menu-commands: maybe the future lies with doing away with
cmd-X / ctrl-X and so on that involve depressing 2 or more
keys (which is ergonomically bad form) and replacing them
with a requirement to press only a single F-key.

There are 15 F-keys at the top of my Mac keyboards, there
are 12 on my PC keyboards, plus all those keys over to the
left on the number pad, which, intead of reduplicating keys
on the main keyboard could be used to call menu-commands.

call me 'brilliant', call me 'Richmond', but whatever you
call me don't deny that some of my ideas are not quite as
daft as they seem at first!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html